[BUG] Blob morph can't rotate

David N. Smith (IBM) dnsmith at watson.ibm.com
Sun Feb 13 00:00:52 UTC 2000

At 13:23 +0100 2/12/2000, Stefan Matthias Aust wrote:
>Hi!
>
>I noticed that rotated BlobMorphs (using the blue halo) lose their
>tranparency and also can't merge anymore.  Does anybody know why or wants
>to fix that?  I think, the merging code doesn't consider the
>TransformationMorph's transformation but why does the blob loose its
>transparence?!
>
>bye
>--
>Stefan Matthias Aust  //  Bevor wir fallen, fallen wir lieber auf.

Thanks, I think, for letting me know :-)

Blobs do not take into account any transformations; I just never thought of it. Duh.

The class keeps track of all instances, deleting them when #delete is sent, but when a blob is in a transformation morph #delete is never sent so the blob is remembered as if it still was visible. I haven't found a way today to tell, for sure, when a morph is deleted.

I also have found no way to turn off transformations from the halo, an alternative I considered along the way today.

Where translucence goes is a mystery; I suspect a bug in the TransformationMorph but I haven't looked yet.

Anyone have any suggestions? My wife is just finishing up home made Quiche Loraine and that rates ahead of bugs any day...

Thanks,

Dave
David N. Smith
IBM T J Watson Research Center