No UNC (was Re: Common Internet File System)

Stefan Matthias Aust sma at 3plus4.de
Tue Feb 15 16:35:40 UTC 2000

Jan,

>Hmmm. I just tried opening '\\beth\c$\winzip.log' on a CrLfFileStream, and
>it offhand seems to work fine.

you're right. This and a few other things work.  Still
FileDirectory>>pathParts doesn't work right for example.  The File List
doesn't understand how to deal with UNC names.  And so one.

However, my problem is, that the Windows VM cannot load an image from a
path that contains an UNC name.  Neither

starting "squeak \\sol\d\develop\smalltalk\squeak\2.7\sma.image"
or
starting "squeak" and then using the file selector box
or
dragging the image on the exe in an explorer

works.  It always complains about a "\recycled\sol\d..." file that isn't
found.

bye
--
Stefan Matthias Aust  //  Bevor wir fallen, fallen wir lieber auf.