Macintosh Advice Sought: Squeak VM as NS Plugin

John.Maloney at disney.com John.Maloney at disney.com
Mon Feb 7 18:22:35 UTC 2000

Thanks, Rick. That is exactly the way the current Squeak VM finds
both internal and external named primitives in the current Squeak VM.
Unfortunately, in the NS plugin VM this doesn't find the plugin
itself as a fragment. (It still works fine for binding to
named primitives in external libraries.) Netscape appears to
be loading its plugins in a manner that prevents them from being found
by GetSharedLibrary(). I'm planning to look at the "macdll.c" code
that Lawson English discovered in the Mozilla sources to find out what
they are actually doing.

	-- John