Squeak's web server

John.Maloney at disney.com John.Maloney at disney.com
Tue Feb 8 03:37:15 UTC 2000

Just to clarify:

Squeaklets will be like Java applets--they'll run in your Netscape
brower if you've installed the Squeak plugin. They can be served
from a standard HTTP server, including any ISP that allows you to
have a home page. Ted is working on making it possible to save these
back to the server automatically, allowing a directory full of
Squeaklets to behave somewhat like a multimedia Swiki.

Re:
>Or to ask the question of all questions:  Is there something comparable (or
>better) to Java servlets?  I know I can solve my problem in Java but doing
>it in Squeak would be a great change to introduce Squeak/Smalltalk at my
>work :-)

I'm afraid I'm not up on the best solution for running "servelets"
(small application that run on the server), but I certainly understand
your desire to write them in Squeak!

	-- John