How Do You Do Business Apps?

demiourgos at smalltalk.org demiourgos at smalltalk.org
Sat Feb 26 19:06:48 UTC 2000

On Fri, 25 February 2000, eknowle at concentric.net wrote:

> OTOH, why do we need to re-invent the wheel?  Python too lacks a native GUI but it seems to get along with Tk nicely.
> Has anyone investigated the possibility of a Tk binding for Squeak?
> -- , eknowle at concentric.net on 02/25/2000 at 8:36:34 PM

I'd be the last to shut down explorations, and I encouraged anyone
into this to pursue it.  As for me, however, there's no way I'd want
to surrender my Smalltalk way of doing GUIs to a Tk monstrosity.
Tk also has the "Which Tk do you mean?" problem, which Squeak
avoids.

  --jtg

  Jan Theodore Galkowski          algebraist.com/
  www.whysmalltalk.com/        www.smalltalk.org/
  demiourgos at smalltalk.org       marssociety.org/
  PGP Key Fingerprint: 2757 F86D AA51 677D 38D7
                       964B 9A8D 7852 A494 3790
  Get my Public Key from my home page at:
      http://algebraist.com/