More Widgets for Squeak....

JArchibald at aol.com JArchibald at aol.com
Tue Feb 1 22:34:16 UTC 2000

=> 2/1/00 1:31:05 PM EST, harmonra at webname.com =>
<< At 05:35 PM 1/31/00 -0500, Dino <deanmao at cc.gatech.edu> wrote:
    >I think MVC is pretty much dead.  Everyone uses morphic
    >[snip]
I use MVC exclusively, and Squeak would be reduced in suitability for my use
if it were dropped. >>

I also have been using MVC exclusively. I am interested in Smalltalk
programming. If MVC were dropped, Squeak loses much of its interest for me.

I consider Morphic as an interesting new experiment in user interfaces (and
several other things, I would guess), but though it is programmed in
Smalltalk, I don't see it necessarily as "the" user interface for a future
version of Smalltalk.

Saying MVC is "pretty much dead" is not a correct assessment of the
situation: "a lot of work is going into Morphic -- it is an active topic of
research". Though MVC is not an active topic of research, it IS a fairly
convenient facility for putting together in a simple and straight-forward
manner many experiments using Smalltalk as a language and environment.

IMHO,
Jerry Archibald