How about Smalltalk-2000?

Stefan Matthias Aust sma at 3plus4.de
Sat Feb 19 12:54:38 UTC 2000

My rant [I'm so sorry I can't resist]:  Reading all the rants of long-term
Smalltalkers who fear about the pureness or simplicity of "their" language
is kind of funny.  Smalltalk shall be a progressive language IMHO and
staying with the old looks like a contradiction to me.  IMHO the "newbie"
is a very valuable source of information which is unbiased compared to
"experts".

Furthermore (as a pragmatic programmer) I always become very suspicious
when I hear "best" or "perfect".  This then sounds like a challenge :-)

I'd like to close my mouth with the question whether the persistence in the
existing language isn't perhaps based on the same feeling other language's
programmers have when they detect Smalltalk: I don't want to through away
my knowledge and learn something different?

bye

[PS if somebody feels offended its probably because English isn't my native
language.  I'll then explain this more polite in German to you :-]
--
Stefan Matthias Aust  //  ...dancing on the Darkside of the Moon