[BUG?] Postscript generation

Yoshiki Ohshima ohshima at is.titech.ac.jp
Thu Feb 24 08:10:12 UTC 2000

  Hi Marcel,

  Thanks for quick reply.

>>  But it is not the expected size of  the *resulting* text.
>
> I am not quite sure what you mean here.  Is it that there is an
> on-screen pane showing only part of the text, and you want the full
> text?

  Suppose there is a short text in a TextMorph, and I resize
the TextMorph as small as possible to enclose the entire
text.  Then I generate the PS file.  I expect the resulting
PS is something like

  -----------
  |test test|
  -----------

but what I get is

  -------------
  |test test  |
  -------------

> Hmm, we had a problem related to that with Ghostscript that was
> fixed in later releases, make sure you're using the latest release
> from Squeak Central (that's fairly old now).

  It is same in 2.7 and 2.8a.

> >   * Related methods tend to not have spaces after the colons
> >     of keyword methods.  Browsing them is quite tough:-)
>
> ?

  For example, the definition of
PostScriptCanvas>>fillColor: is

fillColor:aColor