Empowering Images

Jerome E. Garcia jerome at lightsurf.com
Thu Feb 17 22:30:46 UTC 2000

With Jimini Cricket as my inspiration.

I always find myself wishing while looking at some demo or other that I
could just right click on it and ask for a pane that would show me a
animated graphical display of message sends between its components and of
course have complete filtering and zoom control so I could make sense of it
all. Of course, I would like to be able to do the same for any object that
was actively expressing behaviors in the system including components of the
system itself when possible. It would also be nice if I could assign
different colors to messages sent by different threads and if object
activity would be flagged with thread color. Basically, I would like to see
a much more powerful version of the animated debug display of the Prograph
environment.

Jerome