[BUG] Socket assumes connection in Linux

ajh18 at cornell.edu ajh18 at cornell.edu
Sat Feb 19 08:04:46 UTC 2000

When I do:
	Socket initializeNetwork.
	s _ Socket new connectTo: (NetNameResolver addressFromString:
'127.0.0.1') port: 2001.
It always returns a connected socket even when there is no socket
listening on 2001.
(s waitForConnectionUntil: Socket standardDeadline) returns true right
away.  It is not until I attempt to send data that its status changes
from connected to otherEndClosedButNotThisEnd and an error is raised.

I am the only one having Linux socket problems?  Can anyone repeat this
problem or the problem I posted on March 23 entitled "[BUG]Socket waits
unnecessarily in linux"?

Thanks,
Anthony

Image version: Squeak3.1alpha of 27 February 2001
latest update: #3848
VM version: Squeak3.1alpha of 27 February 2001 [latest update: #3776]
for: unix