Zope

Ranjan Bagchi ranjan_bagchi at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 29 00:39:18 UTC 2000

[note -- not a lawyer]
[note -- not necessarily squeak-related]

What does CSRCS from www.componentsoftware.com do,
then?  They use GNU RCS and then they wrote some
Windows shell extensions to version arbitrary files (I
think it's pretty slick too).

What they said they did is split the code into two
DLL's, one which they'd give the source away for and
another they didn't.

My question is under what circumstances can GPL'd code
be used by other software?  I'd guess it'd be ok if
nongpl'd "clients" were talking to gpl'd servers over
HTTP.  Would there be a problem if they plugged in a
couple ORBs and used IIOP?

Curious..

Ranjan