More Widgets for Squeak....

Dwight Hughes dwighth at ipa.net
Tue Feb 1 23:15:42 UTC 2000

JArchibald at AOL.COM wrote:

> Saying MVC is "pretty much dead" is not a correct assessment of the
> situation: "a lot of work is going into Morphic -- it is an active topic of
> research". Though MVC is not an active topic of research, it IS a fairly
> convenient facility for putting together in a simple and straight-forward
> manner many experiments using Smalltalk as a language and environment.

Might I also add that while MVC is not SqC's research focus, it is still
important to them (and to a number of others on this list) for use on
slower and/or smaller systems due to it still being somewhat faster than
Morphic and having a *much* smaller footprint, allowing mini images to
be created that can run in very limited memory.

-- Dwight