Mac filetype (was Re: Type Safety (was Re: fun and empowerment))

Bruce ONeel beoneel at mindspring.com
Thu Feb 3 11:11:22 UTC 2000

Hi,
  The bit of the problem that I'm trying to solve is the "my file was
munged when I downloaded it and stuffit expander on a non mac
platform was too helpful."  I'll guess that this could be solved by
making the file types not TEXT in the upload bundles.  I wonder
if the C runtime library isn't setting the file types for the sources and
changes files.  I poked a bit yesterday and it seems that the
#setMacFileNamed:type:creator: is used for images, but I may have
missed its use for the images or changes files.  Thanks.

cheers

bruce