How Do You Do Business Apps? (Squeak/Pro Proposal)

Gerardo Richarte core.lists.squeak at core-sdi.com
Fri Feb 25 18:05:37 UTC 2000

Paul Fernhout wrote:

> Stefan Matthias Aust wrote:
> > For business applications, I'd recommend to stay with Dolphin ST.  Its
> > application framework (called MVP - Model View Presenter) is IMHO one of
> > the best things invented for Smalltalk.  Squeak has nothing comparable (yet).
>
> Sad, but true...

    I've been thinking like you until last weekend, when I realized that the
problem with using squeak
for "Business Apps" is its user interface, and user interfaces you can build with
it.
    So, what we have to do is to find a field of applications where the user
interface is not important, or it's (it MUST bue) implemented in some other way...
Internet applications.
    Lately I'm stating that Comanche on Squeak is good to do business applications
on Squeak. but...
    I downloaded Comanche, and had some problems with it, but I'm sure this
problems are mine, couse swiki.net is running on comanche, and it's running ok,
isn't it?

    Businnessly Bye!
    Richie++

--
A390 1BBA 2C58 D679 5A71 - 86F9 404F 4B53 3944 C2D0
Investigacion y Desarrollo - CoreLabs - Core SDI

--- For a personal reply use gera at core-sdi.com