How do I make all scrollbars default to inboard, system wide?

Doug Way dway at mat.net
Wed Feb 23 17:13:33 UTC 2000

On Wed, 23 Feb 2000, Stephen Pair wrote:

> Select "Help...->Preferences..." from the World menu.  There are two
> preferences relating to scroll bars:
>
> scrollBarsOnRight
> inboardScrollbars
>
> Click the boolean value to toggle true/false.

(Also, you need to be working from within Morphic for this to work.  This
may be non-obvious for newbies.)

> Also, making the
> scrollbars only appear when there is something to scroll would be nice.

Actually, I have a changeset goodie on my web page which does exactly
this.  See:

http://www.mindspring.com/~dway/smalltalk/HiddenScrollBar26.cs

- Doug Way
  EAI/Transom Technologies, Ann Arbor, MI