OT musings about psychology of Squeask mailing list members - unanswerable questions

Stan Heckman stan at stanheckman.com
Wed Feb 23 04:38:15 UTC 2000

"Lex Spoon" <lex at cc.gatech.edu> writes:

> This is something of a myth.  If you type on Qwerty keyboards
> occasionally, then you will maintain your ability to type on
> Qwerty.

Apparently experiences vary. Can anyone point to a larger dataset?
Unlike Lex, I did lose my qwerty touch typing ability, despite
occasional use. And unlike Mark, converting took me only a month,
during which I was employed and spending most of my free time
bicycling and hiking, not slaving over the typing tutor. I've always
been an only 40 words per minute typist; maybe that makes converting
easier. :-)

--
Stan