NetNameResolver on Linux always returns #(0 0 0 0)

Bijan Parsia bparsia at email.unc.edu
Tue Feb 8 05:39:25 UTC 2000

At 11:44 PM -0500 2/7/00, John Clonts wrote:

>On Squeak 2.7.  I don't have any other name-resolving problems on this
>machine....
>
>Any Ideas?

Did you do ye old "Socket initializeNetwork."? If not, then the
NetNameResovler won't work properly. I notice on my (Mac) machine that
calling #initializeNetwork *after* trying to resolve something tends to
leave the resovler scrambled (i.e., I have to restart the image). (Well, I
don't know that I *have* to, but it seems to be the simplest thing to do,
and it works :))

Cheers,
Bijan.