How about Smalltalk-2000?

Tom Ayerst tom at lynch-fm.demon.co.uk
Wed Feb 16 22:34:37 UTC 2000

Warren Postma wrote:

> >#include <betterC>
>
> Yes this is precisely what I'm doing. And I would have laughed at your
> friends misguided attempt to fix what ain't broken with C. So, yes, I am
> aware of the irony.
>
> As a newbie to Python, I whined on the comp.os.lang.python newsgroup about
> the use of tabs to create scoping, as opposed to block delimiters
> (begin/end, {}, or [] ). Now I like Python better than C.  Darn wasted lines
> with nothing but { or } on it... blah blah blah. Geez, that means I'm pretty
> fickle.
>
> Ironic if whining about Smalltalk is what actually helps me understand it
> and accept it! :-)
>
> Warren

I hope so.  It is worth the effort!  The syntactic idioms of a language do
affect how you think about problems in that language.  The mind stretch alone is
worth it. (Now back to my scheme notes ;-)

Tom

--
"It's not what you don't know that kills you, ... it's what you know that ain't
so." - Mr Thompkins