Change the Squeak UI Look

Stephan B. Wessels stephan.wessels at sdrc.com
Tue Feb 1 13:31:08 UTC 2000

Thanks for the nice words.

I probably busted something then in the appearance menu since it was not intended
that something be left out.

I'm currently working on the following changes:
    from the release notes
        31-Jan-2000
         Designed the forms loader stuff.  Added methods to test if everything was
loaded.
         This test can be used to dynamically enable a skin selection menu.
         Added Swing Steel skin to demonstrate how to add a skin having dynamic
         title bar buttons and provide some interesting title bar texture support.

        30-Jan-2000
         Changed the dynamic icons and how they were used to follow
         the conventional morphic event handler scheme of #on:send:to:.
         This change allowed the easy behavior enhancement in Aqua
         to cause all 3 of the control buttons on the left side of the window
         to highlight at once (as defined by the model or skin).

The directory structure of how the skins are saved will be a bit different and
easier to install and extend.

I may even write some instructions on how to extend and write your own skins.
Following the
Swing Steel example could be pretty helpful.

Please wait for my next update.  Also, apparently some folks have written that
Netscape does not handle
the spaces in file names which are on the web site.  I'm using IE and didn't
notice.  I'll see if a ZIP
kit will be possible.

 - Steve