newbie questions

Stefan Matthias Aust sma at 3plus4.de
Sat Feb 26 23:00:04 UTC 2000

>1. If I can file-out using a pop-up menu, why can't I file-in the same
>way? How do I file-in?

Use the file list tool (that pink window) to locate the file, select it and
choose "filein" from the popup menu.

>2. If I can ask an object whether it's an integer by isInteger, why
>can't I ask it whether it's a string by isString? How do ask whether
>something's a string?

...because nobody implemented that message.  Don't ask me why.  You can use

(anObject isKindOf: String)

to test for string or implement #isString yourself by adding

isString
  ^ false

to class Object and

isString
  ^ true

to class String.

?

>4. How do I enlarge the original rectangle in which Squeak happens? If I
>use "full screen", I lose the Mac's menu bar.

I'm not sure what you meant, but after resizing the Squeak window, you need
to choose "restore screen" from the World menu.

bye
--
Stefan Matthias Aust  //  Bevor wir fallen, fallen wir lieber auf.