Generating source code from Morphs

Duane Maxwell dmaxwell at entrypoint.com
Tue Feb 1 23:50:22 UTC 2000

>Take a look at how OpenDoc did its thing. THere's a more efficient OOP
>container available called "IronDoc," done by the guy who was maintaining
>the Bento container for Apple when OpenDoc was still going.
>
>It should be possible to use the OD strategy to handle the saving of both
>Squeak morphics and non-Squeak compound documents, via IronDoc.

Unfortunately, the developer of IronDoc (Dave McCusker) stopped working on
it for a while, over a year, and has only recently popped back up.  His
latest thing is an alternative language called "Mithril" with multiple
syntaxes, but the project's pretty embroyonic.  I would suspect that
IronDoc isn't stable enough for anything but idle curiousity - McCusker
himself labels it "vaporware".

See:

http://www.best.com/~mccusker/irondoc/irondoc.htm

It also has a rather amusing approach to web navigation.

-- Duane

Duane Maxwell          dmaxwell (at) entrypoint.com
CTO                       http://www.entrypoint.com
EntryPoint, Inc.    (858)348-3040  FAX(858)348-3100

Information contained herein is my personal opinion
     and not necessarily that of EntryPoint.