Squeak 2.7: bug in explain

Thu Feb 17 11:19:25 UTC 2000

A couple of minor bugs all intersecting in one small area.

First, get a browser, look at Collection, class side, initialize,
and select the word RandomForPicking.  Now drag down to "explain",
and you'll see a traceback.  Go into the debugger.  Looks like the
instance variable doitFlag isn't being initialized for this code
path.

Notice that the debug window is highlighting selectionInterval,
even though the execution didn't get that far.

On Windows, after I abort out of the debugger window I have a small
star next to my mouse cursor.  It goes away as I move to other
windows.  On UNIX, the cursor doesn't change in the first place.

Nit: RandomForPicking is only used in SequenceableCollection.
Shouldn't it be a class variable of that subclass?

Nit: The comment for Collection class "initialize" talks about the
method "pickOne".  The method now appears to have the name "atRandom".

Is there a list maintainer I could talk to about enabling posting from
my home mail account?

Regards,
Andy Valencia
vandys at zendo.com