How Do You Do Business Apps? (Squeak/Pro Proposal)

demiourgos at smalltalk.org demiourgos at smalltalk.org
Mon Feb 28 19:41:44 UTC 2000

On Mon, 28 February 2000, Gerardo Richarte wrote:

> Warren Postma wrote:
>
> > Are there *ANY* commercially useful applications written in Squeak?
> >
> > Are there *ANY* applications written in Squeak that are used by
> > non-programmers?

[snip]

Warren, I don't get it.  There are many "commercially useful applications"
written in Smalltalk.  While Squeak differs a bit, I think most would identify
it as Smalltalk. So what if it isn't quite mature yet?  It'll get there.  If Smalltalk
can produce many useful commercial applications "used by non-programmers",
then, surely, it is unreasonable to think that eventually Squeak won't be used
in a similar way.

Right?

Gerado, sorry for trampling in on your reply.

  --Jan

  Jan Theodore Galkowski          algebraist.com/
  www.whysmalltalk.com/        www.smalltalk.org/
  demiourgos at smalltalk.org       marssociety.org/
  PGP Key Fingerprint: 2757 F86D AA51 677D 38D7
                       964B 9A8D 7852 A494 3790
  Get my Public Key from my home page at:
      http://algebraist.com/