Solaris version hangs after trashing a morph

Nathanael Schärli n.schaerli at gmx.net
Wed Feb 16 14:08:01 UTC 2000

Hi

A few weeks ago I downloaded the Solaris version of Squeak 2.7. At the
beginning, I had several problems (among other things the problem with the
BalloonEngine already discussed in this mailing list). Thus, I decided to
recompile the VM and most of the problems disappeared.
But I still encounter the following one:
Whenever I click on the halo handle to trash a morph (X) Squeak hangs
without any error message (not even a failed primitive).
I compiled the VM using different versions of gcc (egcs) and Sun-cc but
without any success.
Is there anybody who encountered the same behavior or who can imagine
what's the problem? (I'm using Solaris 2.5)

Thanks in advance

Nathanael