Standard Squeak Font Encodings

Georg Gollmann georg.gollmann at tuwien.ac.at
Tue Feb 1 15:05:23 UTC 2000

At 9:36 Uhr -0500 01.02.2000, Andrew C. Greenberg wrote:
>At any rate, it would be nice if we could settle on precisely what
>glyphs Squeak expects to have, and where, where we will or should
>"tuck away" the substituted glyphs for the Squeak-Unique symbols,
>and determine whether its a good idea to have "invisible" typable
>characters, or to fix it with a glyph (or some other means to
>display the same).  Once we settled on a "standard" encoding,
>presumably derived from a standard "standard" encoding of some sort,
>we can start building tools to facilitate the efforts of those
>importing Squeak fonts.

Currently the standard "standard" encoding is the Mac OS encoding. I
vote for either staying with that or adopting ISO Latin-1 (the
standard encoding for the WWW). In any case I don´t want to lose the
umlaut characters.

Georg
----
Dipl.Ing. Georg Gollmann                TU-Wien, Zentraler Informatikdienst
                                         Wiedner Hauptstr. 8-10
phon:(+43-1) 58801 - 42022              A-1040 Wien
fax: (+43-1) 58801 - 42099
mail:gollmann at zid.tuwien.ac.at
http://macos.tuwien.ac.at/Gollmann.html