Camp Squeak -- March 11/12 in Santa Barbara

Stephen Travis Pope stp at create.ucsb.edu
Tue Feb 1 19:34:11 UTC 2000

Hello all,

I'm excited -- it sounds like we have "critical mass" for a week-end Squeak
meeting March 11/12 in Santa Barbara. I'm looking into getting meeting space
at UCSB.

The basic agenda would be to hold a "working meeting" on subjects related to
Squeak UIs, VMs, multimedia support, and other topics. Depending on the
interests of the participants, we can work in varying groups in parallel or
all together.

Santa Barbara is 100 miles north of Los Angeles, and 330 miles south of San
Francisco; there are good highway, train, bus, and air connections to both
the south and the north. We're right on California highway 101.

CREATE is in the music department of UCSB, right in the middle of campus
next to the University Center (the main student union).

For info on lodging in the area, take a look at,
	http://www.admit.ucsb.edu/vcen/LocalLodgings.htm
Any of the hotels in Goleta are a cheap cab ride from UCSB (we'll try to
organize for rides). Downtown Santa Barbara is about 8 miles away. I'm
afraid we will not be able to use any on-campus housing.

For general SB info, see,
	http://WWW.SANTABARBARACA.COM/visitor.html

For information on flying in/out, see
	http://www.engineering.ucsb.edu/~guentert/

For other directions on getting to UCSB, see
	http://www.admit.ucsb.edu/vcen/GettingToUCSB.htm

If you intend to come, please let me know so that I can start making a list
of participants.

--
stp

Stephen Travis Pope