Perl open source contest

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Tue Feb 1 19:09:20 UTC 2000

>>>>> "agree" == agree  <agree at carltonfields.com> writes:

agree> Certainly true, but in some sense false.  The lack of a
agree> meaningful, integrated GUI and IDE, however, is one of those
agree> things that tremendously distinguishes Squeak from Python.

I certainly wasn't saying "worse or better".  I strive to learn more
Smalltalk... I don't have the same passion for Python, if that means
anything.

All I was saying is the word "basically" was insufficient, and might
lead people to believe that Python is merely headless Smalltalk, and
that's pretty far from the truth.