Squeak license & CVSTProject

Andrew C. Greenberg werdna at gate.net
Mon Feb 28 13:32:23 UTC 2000

>Anyway, I wonder if someone could enlighten me on the license issues
>(if there are any) regarding
>Squeak:
>
>If I were to develop something that would be useful to bundle in the
>Squeak image - what license
>can I use? GPL? LGPL? Artistic?

I would suggest using either the Squeak license, BSD or a dedication
to the public domain.

There presently exist conflicts between GPL and Squeak (arising
primarily from GPL's inability to distinguish between code coresident
in an image and code linked together in an application) that would
make your code undistributable, and arguably unusable with, the
Squeak image.  LGPL would be workable for distributions of plugins,
but would be inappropriate if it is distributed with the image.