warren _ squeakUser new.

Ivan Brusic ibrusic at wsicorp.com
Wed Feb 16 15:32:19 UTC 2000

Eric Arseneau wrote:

> If you like BIG books, then try and find a copy of the "Blue" book:
>         Smalltalk-80 The Language and its Implementation
>         Adele Goldberg and David Robson
>         ISBN: 0-201-11371-6
>
> It's out of print, but no University libary should be without this
> classic, and its a WHOPPING 714 pages.

The "Blue" book is just the "Purple" book plus 4 additional chapters.
Those missing 4 chapters are now available on-line thanks to the
original authors and other here on the Squeak list.  There is a page on
the Squeak Swiki that contains links to the Blue Book chapters:
http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/64

The "Purple" book is still available in bookstores, but I unfortunatly
do not remember the name (book at home, me at work).  I'm sure someone
on the list will provide the name within one hour. :)

Ivan

--

Ivan Brusic                    |  "Computers are nothing but a perfect
E-mail: ibrusic at wsicorp.com    |   illusion of order" - Iggy Pop