More Widgets for Squeak....

Doug Way dway at mat.net
Mon Jan 31 23:23:30 UTC 2000

On Mon, 31 Jan 2000, Piero Campanelli wrote:

> Sorry if I haven't read previous list messages....
> I am building user interfaces with Squeak, but i think (at the moment)
> there are few widgets (for MVC). In my standard image there is only Button,
> List, TextBox and few others. Is there any project to enhance the number of
> widgets ?????????
> Is there any change set ???

If you really need more widgets, you'll probably have to use Morphic
rather than MVC.

There are considerably more widgets available in Morphic, such as sliders,
vertical/horizontal scrollbars, the SimpleHierarchicalListMorph (tree),
etc.  To see some of them, check out "new morph..." from the main menu
within Morphic.  Also, there seem to be more changesets around related to
Morphic widgets, than to MVC widgets.

See the Swiki page on Morphic for more information and tutorials, etc. (
http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/30 )

- Doug Way
  EAI/Transom Technologies, Ann Arbor, MI
  http://www.transom.com