MajorShrink & SystemTracer

Yoshiki Ohshima ohshima at is.titech.ac.jp
Wed Jan 5 10:17:16 UTC 2000

  Hi,

  Probably someone else will give us much more better
explanations:-)

>     Could you tell me which classes are the "obsolete"
> classes? (I did not know that term).

  There is (should be) no obsolete class in the vanilla
image.  But every class about to be removed from system is
once marked as "obsolete".  Usually, the class object is
unreachable from anywhere and reclaimed by the garbage
collector sometime later.

  However, sometimes the "removed" class object is still
reachable from somewhere (existing instances, method
literals, etc.) and remains in the image.  Such class is
called obsolete class.

  See the implementors and senders of #obsolete.

  Though I'm not 100% confident it is the problem (sorry),
but I guess it has a relation to the problem.

  -- Yoshiki