Out of sync source code

agree at carltonfields.com agree at carltonfields.com
Wed Jan 19 05:32:02 UTC 2000

Please consider the cost of adding computing a checksum for a multi-megabyte file to the Squeak startup process.  I'm not sure the benefit justifies that cost.  On the other hand, some redundant measure that would catch many, albeit not all, mismatches but would not require a computation on the entire file, might be nice.