[BUG] or [GOTCHA] with multiple browsers doing interleaved method
editing and class creation
Mark A. Schwenk
mas at wellthot.com
Fri Jan 14 11:58:53 UTC 2000
I really appreciate the attempts at browser synchronization, but noticed this bug or gotcha in Squeak 2.7 update 1782.
1. Open two browser windows on the same class category.
2. Select a class and method in the first window.
3. Change something in the method text. Go to the second window and add a class whose name preceeds the name of the class in the first window.
4. You notice a new red border in the first window.
5. Activate the first window again and save the method. You are warned:
Caution! This method has been changed elsewhere since you started editing it here. Accept anyway?
6. You are confused by the message and think the system must be confused and choose yes. It will actually be saved in the class preceding the class you begin editing in the list of classes. Ouch!
If it isn't easy to fix the problem, perhaps we should reword the warning message to something more generic like:
Caution! This browser's contents are no longer valid due to changes made in another browser. It is recommended that you open a new browser, copy your changes to it, and save them in the new browser. Accept anyway?
More information about the Squeak-dev