Sound on Solaris?

Stefan Matthias Aust sma at 3plus4.de
Sun Jan 16 10:39:29 UTC 2000

>  when I do the 2.7 bundle for Solaris I'll add in Lex's pointer to
>playback support and I'll turn the sound off in the Solaris copy of the
>image.  Is there any other system this makes a lot of sense for?  My guess
>would be all unix systems except linux, and for the linux readme I should
>have a warning, right?

I'd suggest the best solution for all platforms should be like this...

Sound is turned on by default but if accessing the sound device fails, it's
automatically and silently turned off.  Only if you use the help menu item
to manually turn on sound again, a warning that there's no sound support
should be issued if needed.

All VMs need to be able to successfully fail if there's no sound device.
>From anothe email I learned that this should be now possible.

bye
--
Stefan Matthias Aust  //  Bevor wir fallen, fallen wir lieber auf.