Bizarre Browser Behavior

Bob Arning arning at charm.net
Sun Jan 9 21:54:36 UTC 2000

On Sun, 9 Jan 2000 13:44:28 -0800 (PST) Eric Scharff <eds_2 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>Occasionally, I get random but reproducible errors
>when using the standard system browser.  If you open a
>new browser, choose Collections-Abstract ->
>SequenceableColleciton -> accessing -> anyOne, then
>the only thing you see in the code pane is the number
>"1" (no message pattern or anything else).  Another

This really is *the* frequently asked question. The problem is very likely that when you downloaded the new squeak, something (your browser or decompression software) decided to be helpful and convert the line endings in the .changes file (since it looks like a text file). Most of these programs have a preference that you can set so that this does *not* happen. You want the exact binary file that is on the server, not a window-ized or unix-ized version.

Cheers,
Bob