Camp Smalltalk -- Camp Squeak!

Stephen T. Pope stp at create.ucsb.edu
Thu Jan 27 15:59:11 UTC 2000

Eric Arseneau wrote:

> I thought the purpose of the camp was to augment aspects of Smalltalk.
> Considering that Squeak is part of that community, and vice versa, I don't
> see the need for a "sister" event.  I think it would be very good to have it
> happen at the same time under the same roof.

Well, the intention is not to "dilute" the efforts that have lead to the
organization of the camp, but rather to have a fully-open two-day Squeak
discussion that is centered around Squeak-specific questions such as those I
suggested in the draft agenda. The agenda of Camp Smalltalk is larger,
inter-dialect issues such as ANSI and SIF.

As the San Diego Camp is "by invitation-only" I'd still like to entertain
(and invite to) a Squeak weekend!

--

stp
  Stephen Travis Pope