Sorry to distribute with a bit of marketing for Smalltalk ;)

Stephane Ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Fri Jan 7 14:25:38 UTC 2000

Hi all,

The Smalltalk Community desperately needs a cute little animal to do the
wonders that the Penguin did for Linux.

During Esug'99 we brainstormed to define which animals could be possible
candidates. We elaborated a list of properties that a the mascot should
have. We asked a professional designer to draw some sketches of the
candidate animals. You are invited to check them out under

http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~scg/cgi-bin/Smalltalk.cgi

and propose your own ideas.

We think that the Smalltalk community can afford (Stic?, Cincom?) to pay a
real professional for designing such a mascot. For the moment we would like to
gather all the candidate mascots, and let the community vote.

We are also setting up a logos repository, feel free to contribute.

Please, distribute this information as much as possible.

Happy New Years and Go Smalltalk
Stephane Ducasse and Matthias Rieger

Stephane DUCASSE (ducasse at iam.unibe.ch)
Matthias Rieger (rieger at iam.unibe.ch)