HangMan, II (Stupid Letter Tricks)

David N. Smith (IBM) dnsmith at watson.ibm.com
Mon Jan 17 20:14:27 UTC 2000

Hi:

This version has various changes from the one released a couple of
weeks ago, including an attempt at supporting other languages.

I'd be happy to include more phrases if anyone has some good ones.

There is new 'support' for French, which I don't speak so it might be
wrong. Actually, there is support for languages with accented roman
characters, with the French support being only an example. There are
three French phrases that I found on the internet, and only one has
accents. I guarantee nothing but would happily fix up things for
anyone who wants it to work in French, German, or whatever.

Try these expressions to start a game:

    HangManMorph new openInWorld

    HangManMorph english new openInWorld

    HangManMorph french new openInWorld

    (HangManMorph initialPhrase: 'Squeak will take over the world,
someday!') openInWorld

The last language used becomes the default.

For more information see the class documentation in the code. The
code is released AS-IS and with no warrantees. See
http://www.dnsmith.com/squeak for details.

Dave