Popup Menus

garau at ar.ibm.com garau at ar.ibm.com
Mon Jan 17 17:39:56 UTC 2000

Hi,
I noticed a change in the way the pop-up menus behave.

In version 2.6 when I clicked on the desktop (in MVC or the World in
Morphic) a pop-up menu appeared and it stayed as long as I have the button
depressed.
In version 2.7 I click on the desktop and the menu will stay up (with
nothing selected) until I click again elsewhere. It's kind of annoying to
see a menu that stays up and at the same time displays a item telling you
'keep this menu up'... (to be more specific, I am talking about
ScreenController>>projectScreenMenu).

If you fileIn the MorphicWrappers, this problems is increased because with
this package, you very often click on the World, so that you can start
"typing on the air". But with 2.7 every time you click on the World, a new
World menu will appear and stay there until you pass over it (without
selecting anything).

Is there a ChangeSet to fix this?? or is it the intended behavior??

Forgot to tell you: I am running Squeak in a Win95 platform.

Regards,
Francisco (Pancho) Garau
Ph: (5411) 4319-6213. Fax: (5411) 4319-6422
garau at ar.ibm.com (work) - - - fgarau at bigfoot.com (home)