Squeak part of Independence distribution

Stefan Rieken StefanRieken at SoftHome.net
Tue Jan 11 23:06:17 UTC 2000

(If something is going wrong with this mail, then it should lie with my
mail account on SoftHome; some rarity appeared the first time I tried to
mail this.)

Hi,

I am proud to tell you that Squeak will be a part of the Independence
Linux distribution.

The goal of Independence is to create a Linux for the simple end-user.
Our project coordinator thought that Squeak would be ideal as a
development tool for our target users. I "personally" encouraged this
choice.

Because Indy currently is a modified RedHat distribution, you might
doubt if this is "news"; there are RPM's of Squeak available, and yes,
they are probably added to Indy without any modification. But what I
think is interesting, is that Squeak is really part of the standard
distribution, and not a seperate RPM needed to be downloaded somewhere.

About Independence:
http://www.independence.seul.org/

Greets,

Stefan