Q: How to create a smoothed transparent form?

Stefan Matthias Aust sma at 3plus4.de
Sat Jan 1 19:30:58 UTC 2000

Hi!

I ended up fixing the TTFontReader but actually I wanted to do something
else, but got distracted.  I'd like to automatically create GIFs from
morphs, TTSampleStringMorphs actually.  I wrote a method

Morph>>saveAsGifNamed: aString
  GIFReadWriter putForm: self imageForm onFileNamed: aString

and this works quite well unless it comes to smoothing and transparence.
The morph is always smoothed towards black which doesn't look right.
Where's the right place to change this?  When I overwrite
Morph>>imageForm:forRectangle: to set a background color, everything looks
fine but that's not the solution I've in mind.

(See http://www.3plus4.de/squeak/example.html for an example.  The font is
"Joint" by PizzaDude)

bye
--
Stefan Matthias Aust  //  Bevor wir fallen, fallen wir lieber auf.