[Q] FileIn/FileOut Syntax - and other stuff

Bob Arning arning at charm.net
Sat Jan 15 16:24:29 UTC 2000

On Sat, 15 Jan 2000 14:50:45 +0100 (CET) Mats Nygren <nygren at sics.se> wrote:
>  What is the precise syntax for fileIn/fileOut? Especially the !-stuff
>  puzzles me. Is this described somewhere?

The ! delimits what are called "chunks" (!'s occurring within the chunk are doubled). You can see how this stuff works by looking at:

senders and implementors of #nextChunk, #nextChunkPut: and a few variants.

PositionableStream, WriteStream and ReadWriteStream - method category "fileIn/Out"

methods whose selector contains: "filein" or "fileout" using the method finder.

Cheers,
Bob