[ENH][Experimental] Password free access to your email

Michael Rutenberg mdr at scn.org
Sat Jan 29 16:12:16 UTC 2000

I would suggest not including this in the main distribution at this
point.  If anyone has any problems using this, please let me know and
ideally tell me the name of your POP3 server.

And if it is useful, also let me know.  I could always get it to work
around
disfunctional POP3 servers.

Mike
	mdr at scn.org

___________

Change Set:		POP3authentication
Date:			29 January 2000
Author:			Mike Rutenberg (mdr at scn.org)

Implementation of the POP3 APOP command to allow authentication to your
mail server without sending the password over the network (RFC 1939).

Requires the MD5 class earlier submitted by Duane Maxwell (Thanks! You
saved me lots of time).

NOTE: These changes work fine, but should be considered experimental for
now.  On one server I tried, it appears that the POP3 server does not
respond gracefully and correctly to the APOP command, and rudely closes
the connection thus preventing you from normal authentication.