Multiple OS Windows & Packaging

Bruce ONeel beoneel at mindspring.com
Mon Jan 17 11:02:09 UTC 2000

Hi,

lex at cc.gatech.edu (Lex Spoon) wrote:
<snip>
> As for packaging, there are two FAQ's on the Swiki about "executables",
> and there is a project regarding self-extracting executables.  But
> so far, I don't know if anyone has *tried* to actually package and
> distribute something based on Squeak....

  It's not the cleanest in the world, but I've been sucessful distributing
applications to non squeak users just by giving them a mac .sit file, telling
them to unstuff it and then double clicking on what was in fact a
smalltalk image.  Of course there would be more than a few problems
if the already had Squeak installed...

cheers

bruce