Query for WinCE useres or potential WinCE users

Bruce ONeel beoneel at mindspring.com
Sun Jan 9 11:19:45 UTC 2000

Hi,
  Question to those of you who use or think you might use WinCE.  Normally
for each system that we have a port for I build a bundle in some sensible
format, zip for WinCE, which contains all of the files one needs to get
for a release.  Normally the VM, plugins if built, image, changes, and
sources files.  Now for most systems this won't cause a problem since we
can assume that you'll have a free 20+meg of disk space.  But for WinCE and the like that may not be a good assumption.  I could either:

- Just put the WinCE specific binaries on the FTP site, sending the potential
WinCE user off on a treasure hunt to get all of the other files.

- Put the normal bundles with all of the files, which, I guess, could make
it difficult for a WinCE user to get started.

Thoughts?  My temptation would be to do a normal bundle for WinCE under
the assumption that the user has access to another system if they are
short on "disk" space.

cheers

bruce