Squeak included in Independence Linux

Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de
Thu Jan 20 18:16:10 UTC 2000

On Thu, Jan 20, 2000 at 08:58:38AM -0800, Dan Ingalls wrote:
> Folks -
>
> We need a volunteer or two.
>
> Stefan is ready to package up Squeak 2.7.  I'm neither familiar with
> Linux packaging nor with what documentation would be most useful for
> this distribution.  It would be wonderful if one or two Linux Squeakers
> could step forward and help Stefan gather up what he needs for the
> Independence Linux release.

Ok. I've already done a Squeak Package for Debian Linux.
I'm working on updating the packages to 2.7.

The packages for Independed and Debian should contain very similar
content, so we can work together on this.

(It would be a good thing if all the different packages for the
 Linux Distributions are similar, they should use a similar
 filesystem-layout, provide the same additional dokumentation.)

  Marcus

--
Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de phone at home:(0721)614235 @work:(0721)608-2749