[ANN] distribution of Squeak programs

Stan Heckman stan at stanheckman.com
Mon Jan 31 02:29:43 UTC 2000

I have a suggestion for the .tgz file. I think users of this format
expect a readme. It might contain the following.

  To start, run the executable "hanoi" from the directory it and
  "squeak.image" are found in. If you have administrator privilege
  and wish to install hanoi for all users on an FHS compliant system,
  copy "hanoi" and "squeak.image" to /usr/lib/hanoi, and
  "hanoi.sh" to /usr/bin.

Generating the above text automatically may be just as much work as
automatically generating a file named install.sh containing

  #!/bin/sh
  # install for all users in /usr/bin and /usr/lib/hanoi
  # requires administrator privilege
  mkdir /usr/lib/hanoi
  cp hanoi squeak.image /usr/lib/hanoi
  cp hanoi.sh /usr/bin

and a readme containing

  To start, run the executable "hanoi" from the directory it and
  "squeak.image" are found in. If you have administrator privilege and
  wish to install hanoi for all users, install.sh might do what you
  want.

--
Stan