xml.smalltalk.org and mod.smalltalk.org

Kendall Clark kclark at ntlug.org
Sat Jan 29 00:20:17 UTC 2000

    Duane> I also think this is a wise thing to do, though I can't
    Duane> seem to see the xml.smalltalk.org domain to look at the
    Duane> details.  Squeak could certainly take the lead here quite
    Duane> easily while the paint's still wet.  Also, given the recent
    Duane> excellent work on encryption showing up on the list :),
    Duane> along with the earlier DSA support, we could build a system
    Duane> for "trusted" object interchange ala Perl's Penguin.

    Duane> An earlier pass at XML-based interchange is XML-RPC
    Duane> <http://www.xmlrpc.com/>, which is a very lightweight RPC
    Duane> mechanism.

A better choice, imo, is LDO:

  http://casbah.org/LDO/

There's a good list of related pieces of technology at
http://www.lwprotocols.org/. I'd be glad to add any ST information to
this site if there's anything relevant.

<Kendall/>
--
Honesty subverts!

6:10pm up 1 day, 2:47, 4 users, load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00