[Goodie] FrameMatrixes for layout and resizing

Michael Rueger m.rueger at acm.org
Wed Jul 19 15:38:08 UTC 2000

Torsten.Bergmann at phaidros.com wrote:

> A frame matrix has a scale array and an offset array. If the scale array

> The scale is given in percent, for instance
>         (FrameMatrix scale: #(0 0 1000 0 ) offset: #(2 1 -1 20 )).
> means the child's top corner is x=2, y=1. The bottom is fixed at: 20 and it
> scales for 100% with the left side of the owner.

Isn't this basically what Layouts do, using offsets and fractions?
That's what I used for my framework. Although the first thing I got rid
of was the separation of layout parameters and morphs. I'm using
LayoutMorphs the way AlignmentMorphs work. This way nobody has to "know"
about updating the layout on resizing.

> Hope the FM code (or some of the morphs) is usefull for someone.

I like your idea of building up window prarts out of morphs, that's the
way it should be, shouldn't it? ;-)

Michael

--
 "To improve is to change, to be perfect is to change often."
                                            Winston Churchill