[SF][VM][UNIX] SourceForge download of VM 2.8a

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Mon Jul 10 18:29:05 UTC 2000

Stephan Rudlof wrote:

> sr at Klaus:~/Squeak > export CVS_RSH=ssh
> sr at Klaus:~/Squeak > export
> CVSROOT=rudlof at cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/squeak
>
> The latter (replace 'rudlof' by your SourceForge name here) is wrong in
> the docs: a server cvs.squeak.sourceforge.net doesn't exist.
>
> For checking out the sources:
>
> sr at Klaus:~/Squeak > cvs checkout Unix_2.8

Doesn't work for me. Isn't there some way to do a read-only checkout
without being on the developer list?

$ export CVS_RSH=ssh1
$ export CVSROOT=nedkonz at cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/squeak
$ cvs co Unix_2.8
Host key not found from the list of known hosts.
Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)? yes
Host 'cvs.sourceforge.net' added to the list of known hosts.
nedkonz at cvs.sourceforge.net's password:
/usr/X11R6/bin/xauth:  creating new authority file
/home/users/nedkonz/.Xauthority
Sorry, you don't have read/write access to the history file
/cvsroot/squeak/CVSROOT/history
Permission denied

--
Ned Konz